MANNARINO Systems & Software Inc. holds over 20 years experience in designing, developing, verifying and certifying real-time embedded software for safety critical applications, thanks to a unique combination of services and COTS products.
MANNARINO Systems & Software Inc. customer base is very large, covering traditional aerospace companies as well as new and exciting markets, including electric propulsion, Urban Air Mobility, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle and autonomous flight.
The MANNARINO culture is focused on high quality, hard work, professionalism and team work within a highly respectful, motivating atmosphere geared towards long-term business growth.
As a member of our team, you will benefit from:
- a comprehensive group insurance and RRSP plan
- a flextime policy with paid overtime
- discretionary bonuses
- a fitness reimbursement program
- other office perks such as catered weekly lunches and free hot beverages (espresso, coffee, hot chocolate and tea)
- regular company outings
Primary Roles / Responsibilities
We are looking for a Technical Leader (TL) to lead software engineering teams supporting projects for the aerospace industry. The Technical Leader will communicate closely with the customer and the project manager to deliver projects that meet the expectations from a quality, schedule, and budget standpoint.
The candidate will have a proven track record of managing teams to succeed in a dynamic environment. The TL will be a seasoned leader who brings a thorough understanding of software engineering projects and practices for safety-critical applications.
- Take responsibility to help define the optimum technical solutions to engineering programs
- Assign and effectively communicate technical responsibilities to the team members.
- Monitor the team members’ activity and performance and provide them technical support.
- Plan and coordinate the team member activities.
- Identify high-performer employees and guide their self development and growth.
- Interview, select and integrate new team members within the team.
Project Management Support
Lead a software engineering team as required, ensuring that the customer, certification requirements and team deliverables schedule are met and that project costs are effectively managed
- Responsible and accountable for the most effective and appropriate utilization of the team resources for the project assigned
- Support the project manager project planning and reporting activities
- Provide realistic estimates and monitor progress regularly
- Support audits with customers and certification authorities
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, and delivery of various software development components
- Participate in client meetings and design sessions to identify & finalize the scope
- Evaluate solutions and provide recommendations to the software developers
- Ensure the architecture and design principles and best practices are adhered to during the design and development of solutions
- Develop robust, reliable, efficient, and testable embedded software
- Develop software documentation in accordance with the project certification requirements / guidelines.
- Support the software verification effort.
- At least 7-10 years of progressive experience in a Technical Leadership role leading safety critical software development projects/programs
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering in commercial aerospace is required.
- Experience with software development standards such as: RTCA/DO-178C & 254
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering field from an accredited institute
- Significant experience of direct client interaction, at management and working levels
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English and French
- Occasional travel required to customer sites (usually within North America)
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
At MANNARINO, we believe that passion and a desire to learn is crucial. Diversity of thought and experiences leads to innovative solutions and creativity. This is why we would like to encourage all those interested to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be held in strict confidence. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.