MANNARINO Systems & Software Inc. holds over 20 years' experience in designing, developing, verifying and certifying real-time embedded software for safety critical applications, thanks to a unique combination of services and COTS products.
MANNARINO Systems & Software Inc. customer base is very large, covering traditional aerospace companies as well as new and exciting markets, including electric propulsion, Urban Air Mobility, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle and autonomous flight.
The MANNARINO culture is focused on high quality, hard work, professionalism and teamwork within a highly respectful, motivating atmosphere geared towards long-term business growth.
As a member of our team, you will benefit from:
- a comprehensive group insurance and RRSP plan
- a flextime policy with paid overtime
- discretionary bonuses
- a fitness reimbursement program
- other office perks such as catered weekly lunches and free hot beverages (espresso, coffee, hot chocolate and tea)
- regular company outings
MANNARINO is a privately held Small & Medium Size Enterprise (SME) and was recently awarded the AIAC’s Innovation Technology Award
Career Opportunity and Primary Roles / Responsibilities
The Model-Based Software Design Engineer will work in a team focused on delivering, maintaining, and supporting applications, and tool frameworks along with related methods and processes.
The major roles of this position are to identify, develop, and maintain model-based applications and tool solutions that support enhanced efficiency and quality of software development.
This role is also responsible for training, implementation, and day-to-day support of model-based tools.
- Experience with model-based design in MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience with software design and testing
- Experience with Real Time Embedded Systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to communicate and cooperate within teams and across departments
More than 5 years of demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Modeling / Simulation (MATLAB / Simulink)
- Embedded software development in C language
- Real-time operating systems, processor architectures, communication protocols, device drivers, communication buses, etc.
- Software development in a safety critical context (RTCA DO-178, EN 50128, IEC 62304, etc.)
- Knowledge of standard interfaces and interactions between low-level software and hardware blocks (CPU cores, DSPs, special-purpose accelerators, on-chip peripherals, etc.).
Other Desired Competencies:
- Experience with model-based development under RTCA/DO-331 guidance
- Experience with scripting languages (Python preferred)
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous testing processes
- Experience with debugging development tools
- Knowledge of ARINC 653
- Knowledge of Communication Protocols (ARINC 429, RS 422, CAN bus etc.)
- Knowledge of aircraft systems and avionic displays
At MANNARINO, we believe that passion and a desire to learn is crucial. Diversity of thought and experiences leads to innovative solutions and creativity. This is why we would like to encourage all those interested to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be held in strict confidence. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.